Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

carbon fiber wrapping hatch

Old 07-28-2011, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 hyundai tib
Default carbon fiber wrapping hatch

how well does di-noc carbon fiber wrap hold up to the elements? my tib is black and im thinking about wrapping my hood, roof, and hatch all in di-noc cf. but if it peels easily and not meant for exteriors then i wont do it. will i have to be careful when washing the car and can it be waxed?
Old 07-28-2011, 01:44 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6

Originally Posted by Damien
how well does di-noc carbon fiber wrap hold up to the elements? my tib is black and im thinking about wrapping my hood, roof, and hatch all in di-noc cf. but if it peels easily and not meant for exteriors then i wont do it. will i have to be careful when washing the car and can it be waxed?

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/faq/ <-- go there
Old 07-28-2011, 04:51 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

if you wrap the car with carbon fiber PLEASE don't wrap the roof.... that would look silly
Old 07-29-2011, 07:20 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

it will hold up, guy on my motorcycle forum wrapped his bike in it.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:45 AM

Vehicle: 1997 hyundai coupe

i have mine wrapped just the way you described.. hood, roof and hatch. looks ok to me. dunno about how the other guys take it tho. primarily wrapped it for the looks and for stone-chip protection (i take a highway where construction vehicles also use the road). i'd want to get a proper CF shaved hood if i get the funds in the future.

Mine isn't di-noc but comes from Japan. dunno what brand. holding up fine to the elements here in the Philippines (really hot and currently rainy). had it since March and no sign of wear or tear.

here's a pic.

rLpyvl.jpg