Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Car Is Shaking With Lights On

Old 02-08-2007, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys here's the problem
no CEL's
when i'm driving and about to stop at traffic light, first second when i totally stopped i can see RPM's goes down but my car isn't moving.( it's droping from around 2000 to 800 when car is stopped)
second think when i'm at idle ( 900-800) and lights on it shakes plus if my turn lights is on i can feel it shakes more when blinker is on and less when it's off + it shakes with lights on ONLY when it's hot i tried to test just started car is was cold i turned on everything is possible headlights, foglights ,emergency lights, a/c , rear defr. and it wasn't shaking that much when it's warm and only with headlights and fogs ???
and it started like couple weeks ago before that was ok 02.gif
i'm running 2x12" subs with build in neons, with amp everything from my battery
what you think this could be . Dead battery?? alternator , TPS (as usual everyone saying ) or something else
Thanks for any advice!
Old 02-08-2007, 08:59 PM

i noticed on mine when the bass hit hard (12" orion with 400w amp) id get shake. also when i turned on my lights my car would do it.

After installing new ground wires, and a voltage stabilizer it stopped. Dont know if thats a comon problem in tibs, just something i noticed in mine....when the rpms are up it was fine also.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:09 PM

mine shakes......... im used to it. i got a 300WATT amp with 1 12"

but it only does it at idle
Old 02-08-2007, 10:14 PM

I used to have a 1000W Kicker amp hooked up in the Tib to power my subs.... I had the same problem.... Solution? A capacitor. I installed a 1.5 Farad cap and didn't have any problems after that.....
Old 02-08-2007, 10:22 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ word idea.gif fing02.gif word.gif

werd.gif to bling1.gif
Old 02-08-2007, 10:23 PM

^^^ i have a piece of crap battery, thats why i think for me.

red top, here i come...

^^ on that note... best model red top for the tibby?
Old 02-09-2007, 08:29 PM

hmm yea that might be something wrong with my ground wires cause i had my battery terminal loose itself sometimes and i was too lazy to fix it and when it becoming loose no normal connection from the battery and when no normal connection i can see my shift light blinking smile.gif
so i fixed it today and still shaking :@
---
but i had those subs and amp for like more than half a year already and never had a problem
it's just occured couple weeks ago :@ i might be looking around for new battery i'm gonna check how many volts it's giving then i'll go from there i guess

hmm something really strange it looks like alternator and battery is good i checked voltage today it gives me 14.38v without headlights when i turning them on it goes down to 13.60 then goes back to around 14.20 i don't understand 02.gif
Old 03-05-2007, 06:21 PM

bump any suggestions????
Old 03-12-2007, 10:24 PM

Vehicle: car

Mine does that, but I have nothing other than a pioneer head unit, and pioneer speakers all around. I'm pretty sure it shakes like that when it's warm, because naturally when your is warm, it idles at a lower RPM. When you apply load to it at low RPM's, it puts more strain on the alternator, thus more vibration. So if you want to get rid of the problem, get shittier parts to make your idle higher, lol. Or you could adjust the throttle, and make it idle higher. But that might set a CEL off for the Throttle Position Sensor. My opinion? Live with it. Unless there is a solution to this problem that I don't know, cause I've replaced plugs, wires, PCV valve, fuel filter, cam, battery terminals, reset wires and cleaned them, and I've gotten my idle as low as possible. I idle between 700-800 RPM's.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:59 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Feb 8 2007, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^ word idea.gif fing02.gif word.gif

werd.gif to bling1.gif</div>
^^^
I can't stop laughing. Maybe that's the rums fault? I dunno. *cackles*