Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Car Alarms

Old 04-06-2010, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Ok, so we got my car back together finally..but, we cant find out if it works or not.

When we got it, it had an alarm on it. We didnt know this until we lost capabilities to get ahold of the seller. So, needless to say..we have no idea what brand it is..

Well, last time we unhooked my battery it wasn't a big deal, because I found the alarm keychain switch in my console, but now..about a year later..I have no idea where this switch dissapeared to. and after searching for a good hour underneath my dash, around the ecu, we have yet to find a kill switch..I did find one thing though, it's a little black thing, has a connector and then what it's connected to runs to the ecu, it's also zip-tied up, and you can see a couple places the wire was spliced cause they have those little tube wire connectors. It was too dark to take a picture, but it says "TYCO" and "12V" and has a couple different number sets on it, but i didnt think to get these written down.

Can anyone help me? I think it's a viper alarm, my cousin has one, and they had the same horn, and sounded the same when we had them hooked up. we found the kill switch on his, but cant find it anywhere on mine..

Also, there's a black wire..a tiny wire..running from my left hazard light to nothing..we wired it up to the positive terminal, and then they wouldnt go off until we unwired it..any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:56 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

not really sure what you're asking, what alarm it is? it should have a central computer or "black box" with a serial number on it and/or brand.

if you don't have the key fob to it though it's only use is the immobilizer - if it has one.

if you want an alarm id install your own or have one installed.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'm asking if anyone knows whether that "tyco" box is part of an alarm, or if it's something that comes with all tiburons, because I don't want to pull it in fear that something might mess up.

I'm also asking if anyone knows what the black wire running from my hazard light is for, because when we wire it to the positive terminal, my hazards stay on..no blinking or anything, just on.