Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

CAi Using original Piping?

Old 02-12-2005, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default CAi Using original Piping?

I've seen people use the original tube that goes to the Throttle Body but the air is filter by a Cone K and N.. is it possible? any DIY?
Old 02-12-2005, 05:49 PM

yes it's possible, pep boys i believe carries the K & N parts that you need, if not they'll know how to special order it for you.

Although an eBay CAI will probably improve performance more than just changing that part (it actually goes lower in the engine bay where the air is cooler) and for less cost.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Original tubing stinks, its constrictive and made of plastic... You would get practically no results from just putting in a K&N.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:54 PM

Man, there have been a dump load of custom CAI's over the years..some use the plastic elbow that connects to the throttle body..a friend of mine ordered mandrel bent exhaust pieces from JC Whitney and made his own with a cone filter that he bought from AutoZone
Old 02-13-2005, 01:02 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead)</div><div class='quotemain'>Original tubing stinks, its constrictive and made of plastic... You would get practically no results from just putting in a K&N.</div>

agreed. In order to get ANY sort of result you'd probably want to extend the pipes down toward the bottom of the engine (which is a PITA just to keep ur stock manifold) i'd say f*ck it just get a ebay cai if ur trying not to bust the bank too badly.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:44 PM

You can get a descent CAI with 40 bucks..... please take that idea away.... LoL