Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Cabin Filter Question

Old 11-03-2007, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, this might be a stupid question, but i just dont know the answer. Some cars have a filter for the ac, the "cabin filter", do our cars have one. if so where is it located. Usually when you get your oil changed they tell you the condition of yours if you have one, but they never told me, so i was wondering if our cars even have one. I know its not that big of a deal but i was just wondering.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:37 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

No, we do not have a cabin air filter.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:39 PM

OK thanks, i was just wondering.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:11 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

theres a filter on the left side of the trunk, thats basicly a cabin filter... and it lets air out when u close the hatch so there isnt built up air presser on the window seals...

my AC smells like SHIT anyone know where the filter for that is? im thinking maybe under the wiper cowl but i dont want to take it off just to check... rolleyes.gif
Old 11-03-2007, 06:16 PM

^^^^

No, that's not a cabin filter. That's a breather type duct that allows you to shut your hatch and doors without the glass breaking from the sudden increase in air pressure.

If you had a cabin air filter, or a place for one, it would be inside the blower case behind the glove box. I think the Elantra had them as an option, so if your car didn't come with one, you could buy one and there was a place to put it. Tiburons didn't get them until 2003. We don't even have a place to put one.

As for your A/C smelling bad, it's probably because of mold in the evaporator case. We have some deodorizer that we spray into the cowling some kind of way, or maybe it's directly onto the evaporator, that gets rid of it. I'm not sure of the procedure exactly, but there's no filter associated with it. That would be a cabin air filter, but like I said we don't have one.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

We do have a cabin filter I believe. Under the glove box the blower motor is held in by 3 screws. Take them out and drop it down. There will probably be leaves and all kinds of stuff in there. Not sure if we have a filter or not, though.

I know an elantra I worked on had it. Never took mine apart yet. I need to though, its noisy
Old 11-03-2007, 06:37 PM

^^^^

Dude, I'm not sure what you are seeing... maybe the access to get to the evaporator core.

However, I'm telling you, our cars do NOT have cabin air filters or a place to put one. It's my job to know these things, I deal with this stuff every day. I'm so not trying to seem like an ass, please don't take it that way, but this is my job. If I could show the exploded views of the evap case and blower/heater case I'm looking at right now, I would, but it's a part of Hyundai's online parts catalog and it's all password protected for dealer access only. It's not the same as HMAservice, although they may also have a diagram.

Our setup is not the same as the Elantra in this aspect. Many other things, yes, but not this.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:46 PM

I deal with this stuff everyday as well. I said I wasnt sure if we did or not but the elantra I worked on DID have one. It was a 98 which is very similar to our Tiburons.

Maybe they arent the same here but I know the elantra had one. I havent been into my hvac system on the Tib yet
Old 11-03-2007, 06:56 PM

Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

alright not trying to sounds like a D*ck or anything but who doesnt change there own oil? i mean your going to be modding your car yourself(i would hope) and you dont change your oil? im olny 16 and i can even do it, come on man.. lol not trying to "grind your gears" i just thought i'd ask why you cant do your own?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:58 PM

A lot of people just do it because its cheaper. I do my own and spend extra because I know the kind of filters places put on. In my shop we have about 6 different filters sliced in half for people to see.