Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

A/c Recharge Help

Old 07-05-2008, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I tried using my air the other day and all it is blowing is hot, I can hear the compressor so I was wondering what do you guys use to recharge is their a better brand or does it matter, thanks alot.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:57 PM

I am having the same problem but I just replaced the compressor so just wondering what would cause this or if somehow you just need to recharge it...
Old 07-05-2008, 08:49 PM

The problem isn't finding a good brand, it's just knowing what to do with it. See, you need to be able to monitor the high and low pressure sides of the system, something you can't do with the little gauge they give you in the kit. I think it only shows you low pressure, which is fine, if you have a set of manifold gauges to check the high pressure. It's very important to monitor them both, since you'll be dumping refrigerant in the system with no way of regulating how much goes in. Too much, and the high pressure side will have way too much pressure, and you'll end up blowing seals. Too little and the air conditioner won't work properly. You also need to know where the leak is, and if it's been fixed. And if any oil has leaked out, you'll need to replace that, which is kind of hard to do. Best thing you can do is to just find the leak by shooting in a single can of refrigerant with some dye, enjoy the A/C while it lasts, and when it stops working, find the leak (there will be dye all around where it's leaking) fix the leak, replace the drier assembly, and get a local shop to VACUUM the system, check it for leak tightness, and charge it with the correct weight of refrigerant. It's a really sensitive process, so you're best of leaving it to a professional.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon 2.0L

does anyone know where exactly is the low pressure port in the 2001 tiburon? (where i can recharge the ac). I checked the manual and it didnt have anything. I have a list of components and on that it says in the AC section to USE procedure explanation 6. (where are these explanations?)

sorry guys i'm a newb and the tibby is my first car so i dont really have too much experience with cars.

Also do they recharge the ac when i get a tuneup?
Old 07-22-2008, 05:19 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

looking at the engine from the front of the car, if you are to look in the upper right hand corner of the picture you will see a dial (i believe it is a fuel pressure gauge from the location, aftermarket addition it seems, never noticed it before). If you look to the left of that dial there is a small robin's egg blue cap (may not be blue depending on how dirty your engine bay is). Its maybe 6 to 9 inches down in the back firewall. The picture makes it look like it is higher then it is because of the angle.

Grab a recharge can from walmart and read the directions fully.

Total time when i did it was about 10 minutes.