Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Hyundai Tiburon Forum (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-tiburon-forum-63/)
-   -   A/c Condenser Problems? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-tiburon-forum-63/c-condenser-problems-45865/)

majik 11-27-2007 06:43 PM

I have no a/c.

I thought maybe it just needed a charge, but I tried using my front defrost the other night and it didn't work either. When I hit the A/C button, the fan kicks on so the connection should be good to the button.

How do I go about checking the a/c condenser to make sure it's working? Is there a fuse or wiring I could look at? Not sure if it's worked since I swapped the transmission; we did it last winter and I didn't try to use the a/c until September when I found out it didn't work. Could I have hit something or miswired the ECU?

DTN 11-27-2007 07:11 PM

Ok heres what you can check:
For the A/C control circuits, engine bay fuse box:
fuse 2 red 10A a/c
blower relay
A/c switch

Tested by pushing the A/C button. If the light lights up, they are good

A/C pressure switch, located somewhere along the a/c lines- turns off if you have less then 29PSI of pressure in the a/c lines. It is possible you had an AC leak.

ECU pin64 = a/c on/off test with multimeter and it should go on and off when you push the ac on button
ECU Pin65= ac pressure switch
From what I'm reading, the a/c compressor should turn on if you short those two pins to batt voltage.

For the actual compressor circuits in the engine bay:
fusable link E, pink
a/c fuse 1
a/c relay
A/c compressor

Theres a connector on the a/c which may be disconnected

sorry about the messed up order. check fuses first. Try other things later. Your A/C clutch sounds like it's not engauging.

majik 11-27-2007 08:34 PM

I didn't mess with those pins on the ECU.

I'll check fuses and relays, just haven't yet. Didn't see a reason why they would have failed.

Button light does illuminate. Fan kicks on when button is pushed. Air blows, just doesn't get cold and front defrost doesn't work.

How do I recharge the A/C? If that's the problem, would it effect the defrost as well? I guess it would...

StrikeEagle 11-27-2007 09:11 PM

Sounds like you just need a recharge. The defrost is directly related to the A/C, if the A/C doesn't work, neither does the defrost (defrost simply turns on the A/C and pushes the air out of the windshield vents).
Go to Auto Zone and get their recharge kit (costs around $15 or so (one time cost), plus the can costs about $5 every time you want to charge.) It's really quite easy to do, and way cheaper than having someone else do it.

majik 11-27-2007 10:19 PM

yeah, I definitely want to learn how to do it myself. Can't be hard, just need someone to show me.

Maybe I can find a somewhat informed person at AutoZone who could show me. All it takes it one time.

Mad-Machine 11-30-2007 05:03 PM

the hard part will be finding that informed person at Autozone