Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Buzzing Ah!

Old 08-23-2006, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Well I got my Nopi Number1 header in and well it works thats for sure. It will brown over time that I am sure of and I also added my magnaflow muffler. System is very clean install barely any bends has a nice growl but when I put the pepper on the chicken I get BZZZZZ with growl background noise. Im sure the growl is from the muffler and it sounds amazing but the what hell is that freaking buzz!!!???? It drives me nuts...not to mention my car is yellow so it looks like an overgrown bee flying down the road. Any help here? Please for the sake of me not freaking someone tell me how to get rid of this!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:21 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (holeshot @ Aug 23 2006, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It drives me nuts...not to mention my car is yellow so it looks like an overgrown bee flying down the road.</div>

Not gonna lie....i find that hilarious lmao.gif
Buzzing is normal. try to put a glass pack in. 38" or whatever size people recommend
Old 08-23-2006, 10:34 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Make sure the downpipe is not touching the engine support bracket.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:46 AM

^^that was goin to be my next tip lol

OT--java- noticed youre from FT walton! how close are you to the sea oats condo? i go there every year for vacation. we got family down that way too right across the mid-bay bridge
Old 08-23-2006, 10:59 AM

I don't know your headers, and I don't know exactly why some headers buzz and others don't; I know my Maintec Racing headers do not buzz (only sometimes when the car is idling cold; but is an intermitent and not too loud buzz; after all it's at idle; as soon as I press the throttle it goes away).
Try to put one LONG glasspack, or two mediums; also I found out if you put glasspacks around 0,25" to 0,5" larger in diameter than your exhaust pipe, it also helps get rid of the buzzz.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:02 AM

My OBX headers buzz sometimes I think it just the way they are. That why I am upgradeing to Chris's(Flyrides) Headers when ever they come out.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:14 AM

Location: York. About 2hrs from Philly and 4 hours from Pittsburgh

Is your header a 4-2-1 or 4-1. From my experience with my car and other various cars, 4-2-1 does not buzz as much as 4-1. Im not sure but i think it may have to do with air flow pattern and the fact that your airflow is not as restricted as it is with a stock manifold.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:20 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Thanx for the input all. Im beginning to think the bzzz is from flow or my muffler. The header is quiet is something in my system. Its let loose all the way to the back...not even at cat.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:54 PM

I've had a ceramic coated header that was a 4-1 and I have a high flow cat with a 38" glass pack .75" larger in diameter than my exhaust pipe and a muffler from HKS with a 3.5" outlet and a silencer. With ceramic headers and no silencer in place... it was buzzing like no tomorrow. I put the silencer in and buzz buzz buzz. Still there! I switched to a chrome 4-2-1 header and took the silencer out and I only got the buzz when I gave it gas but it sounded nice when it was ideling and at low speeds. Let's just admit it... It sounded like an ox! It was nice! Then I put the silencer in and it still had that growl to it but the ox was a bit more tame. The silencer did get rid of the Buzz though! So here is what I have that gave me no buzz...

Chrome 4-2-1 header
High Flow CAT
2.5" pipes custom bent
3.25" glass pack 38" long
HKX muffler with 3.5" outlet
silencer in place

Sounds rather nice and tame. Good ox! No Bull!
Old 08-27-2006, 05:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Header buzz originates at the back, as thats where the exhaust exits the car. It sounds as if the hatch is loose and vibrating.