Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Brake Lights Wont Turn Off!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:30 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ yeah, but these are for a Tiburon not an Elantra nana.gif
Old 11-12-2008, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Check to see if you have any loose bulbs, I had this same problem, and people told me I had the wrong bulbs in, which I know I didn't.

So, I finally found a loose brake light bulb and replaced it anyways since I had one on hand, and it some how was arcing or whatever you call it and causing my brake lights to stay on.

I could be wrong on fixing yours, but this fixed my problem.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:06 PM

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm going to check everything out and get back to ya tomorrow. I'm going to kick myself if its just a bad/loose brake bulb...
Old 11-13-2008, 02:02 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I drove my car around with the brake lights stuck on for 3 weeks, until one day I finally said screw this, I am finding out what it is.

This was my problem exactly:

Brake lights stayed on when I had the switch turned to headlights AND parking lights.

When I had nothing on at all, and would hit the brake, my dash lights and parking lights would come on, and of course, brake lights would stay lit.

So, I had my wife stand behind the car, while I checked ALL the bulbs, and when I wiggled the Driver side-brake light bulb, my brake light went off.

After I continued to check all the bulbs, It turned out that it had also blown both my parking light bulbs, I guess I didn't notice that at all because I had lights on at night, and couldn't really tell.

Anyways, hope one of us help you out. Hopefully me, I ain't nevered helped anyone on this site yet, unless the person who posted something similar to this before got helped by me, he never responded to his thread afterwards..............GOOD LUCK!