Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Applying tint over dot matrix

Old 04-04-2013, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Applying tint over dot matrix

Whats the best way to squeegee out soap bubbles and water around the dot matrix areas of the rear window? Is there a trick to it?
Old 04-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

There isnt much you can do about if you do have bubbles. I would recommend cutting the tint before the dot matrix and getting some vinyl to put over it. Little easier to get the bubbles out with that versus tint.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

There is one shop around me that tint's over dot matrix, you have to go back for a second visit within a week of the initial tint job and they "fix" the tint on the dot matrix part of the back window by smoothing it out a second time, it ends up looking half decent. Another option is to paint out the part of the window with the dot matrix with black paint. Vinyl is another option, and I've heard you can sand it off too but wouldn't recommend that method, but some people swear by it.