Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Air Bag Light?

Old 06-01-2009, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I search but did not find anything

Here is the question I've had my airbag light on for a while. I've had a couple of fender benders. But the bags have not being deployed. I had the car at the body shop. When it left the body shop the light would turn on an off after and finally it stayed on. But i want to get rid of it. I have an actron cp9145 obdII wich of course does not read the air bag computer. So I was thinking maybe the air bag light came on for two different reasons one being that the seat bealt automatic retainer deployed and seat beal needs to be replaced. Is there an actual way to inspect the seatbealt and check to see if the cable was deployed? the other one being that the car was drained out of battery and as soon the actron scanner links up to the computer ti reads '" low battery voltage replace if needed" the thing is that my battery and alternator are fine. I went to my local Miami hyundai dealers and the all wanted to charge me between $80-120 to dianose erase the code. I laughed because it takes 2 minutes to do that with the HI-SCAN. Even if i had the money i would not pay it out of principle.

So to recap How do you check if the seatbealt tensioner was deployed
Is there any way to reset the srs computer
If I find out it was the tensioner by replacing the seatbealt will it automatically reset it self

I like my actron because it gives me live data and it actually has the test functions for GM and Ford. Is there anything similar to the hi-scan that we can run of our laptops? that can do evap leak test and all that good stuff

Thanx
Old 06-06-2009, 10:54 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

I had my airbag light on a week ago for now reason and I didn't have time to deal with taking it to the dealership to get diagnosed. So I just went to thr junkyard and picked one of the airbag computers and swapped my old one out... no more light!

I don't know if you just wanna skip to this process and save some time
Old 06-06-2009, 07:01 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

How much did they charge you for it? How do you know if the junker unit has being deploy or not? If that computer was deployed the light will not reset inself, Even if it senses that your system is fine. Regardless that sounds like a good Idea . If it does not work than, than I have no choice but bend over and take it from the dealers to get it diagnose. (I'll make sure to tell them to use good synthetic bearing grease, Like that the $110 plug in the computer for 5 min charge does not hurt as much)
Old 06-06-2009, 07:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ive got all air bag parts out of my rd2 and a computer from an rd1. Let me know if you need a computer. I bought one for 100 at one time but make an offer.