Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Adjusting Idle...

Old 11-03-2005, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

Why don't you put your stock TB on so you know if it's the TB that's the problem or the injectors. Start by narrowing down your possibilities.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:42 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I thought of that but IQforeva has my stock throttle body...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Casper @ Nov 3 2005, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Did you bother checking for vacuum leaks yet?</div>
tomorrow, I need some B12 or other carb cleaner.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KayDM @ Nov 2 2005, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ran a check on the ECU code and it says it is the TPS sensor, i too am missing that bolt from when i cleaned the throttle body.</div>

What do you mean ran a check? Did you have a CEL? I do not have one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maeglin Oronar @ Nov 2 2005, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So Do not tuch that idle screw, it was set at the factory and should never be adjusted.</div>

I'm pretty sure the factory never even saw my R-side throttle body. wink1.gif
Old 11-03-2005, 10:47 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

If it's your TB it's an easy fix, but if it's your injectors you're looking at some more work I'm guessing..
Find someone with a stock TB.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:52 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

quick question;
(unrelated...sorta)
maybe Maeglin Oronar will know...

on the fuel injectors;
you know those little yellow caps on the tips of them? it is okay to run the injectors without those right? I have the spacer and rubber o-ring in there and they turn smoothly, just wondering if it's okay to not have those little yellow caps on the tips (it's just bare metal...).

thanks.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:03 AM

I would have to see the caps to know for sure. But thay may have something to do with your issue. I know some injectors come with these cone type things on the injector tip end, and these are for proper sealing on the intake manifold (they go in place of the original ones in the intake). Yet other injectors come with caps on both ends and they seale off the injectors from contaminants.

So could you post a pic of them?
Old 11-05-2005, 01:28 AM

That happened to me when I installed my TB back in the day... i cant remember for certain but something was causing the throttle cable to stick a little. Some wd-40 on either the butterfly or where the tb cable meets the tb (dont remember which) fixed it.