Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

97-01 Sway Bars

Old 06-06-2011, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default 97-01 Sway Bars

Im looking for an eibach pro kit sway bar set, called a few sites online who came up in the google search, but they dont stock the item and told me eibach doesnt make them anymore.

can anyone recommend a retailer that has either Eibach, Whiteline, or H&R bars in stock for the RD1 or RD2 ?

thanks
Old 06-06-2011, 12:09 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX Turbo

Good luck looking for one I called about a dozen stores/websites and cant find one ended up buying my Eibach springs used.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:45 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H-R-F...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H-R-R...Q5fAccessories

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...0&autoModClar=
Old 06-06-2011, 01:03 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I have eibach pro kit sway bar kit I am going to be selling if anyone is interested. Have about 600 miles on them.

PM ME.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:09 PM

thanks Faith, i had seen a few days ago that tire rack has the best prices out there. 53 bucks a piece for the GR2 struts, and they have the front H&R sway bar in stock, the rear is special order, but still after i added all the items to the cart and did the math, the front sway bar is 266 shipped, and the rear 216. they beat out all the little guys by 10-50 bucks. the struts shipped are 61 bucks.

Originally Posted by tanc
I have eibach pro kit sway bar kit I am going to be selling if anyone is interested. Have about 600 miles on them.

PM ME.

600 miles ??? really ? is there any way you can prove it ? not that i dont believe you. but if im going to buy used, i might as well buy new stock bars. thanks for letting me know you have them !
Old 06-06-2011, 08:34 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Don't bother with gr2 if you are looking for performance

They are a stock replacement you might as well just pick up some from autozone
Old 06-06-2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Loneshark
600 miles ??? really ? is there any way you can prove it ? not that i dont believe you. but if im going to buy used, i might as well buy new stock bars. thanks for letting me know you have them !

If I told you I could prove it, I'd be lying of course. However, I'm a reputable hyundai member for over 7 years, wouldn't lie to you. I can take pics so you can see their condition but why would you want to buy stock bars?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:43 PM

Faith, the GR2s provide a very nice ride. im not looking to autocross. my brother has AGX's on his mustang and even on the soft settings they are harsh. you feel every single nook and cranny in the road. I was very pleased when i put in new GR2s 50,000 miles ago, but i can tell they are worn now.

Tanc, well i dont know how you could prove it, thats why i ask. i know you been here a very long time, as have i. reason i say i would buy stock rather than used, is used is worn and would probably have the same effect as new stock bars. maybe you can show a pic of you installing them with a timestamp on it, or a receipt of purchase, or a post you made when you installed them... something to let me know they are truly slightly used. i have no problem buying from a senior member like you if you can give me more than your word.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:20 PM

I'm sorry, I don't have a time stamp to show you. I also want to inform you that you can't wear out stabilizer bars. End links YES, bushings YES, not bars. Stock bars are tiny, these are beefier eibach's designed to endure the hardest racing conditions while reducing body roll. I'd buy eibach sway bars with a million miles on them over new stock bars.

It's like replacing a used working turbo with a brand new one of the same size expecting a performance increase. It wouldn't happen.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:47 PM

thanks, im just going to go with the H&Rs from tire rack instead, good luck on the sale.