Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

50lb Autoloc Popper Too Much?

Old 11-15-2006, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So guys, here's what's going on.

My doors are shaved, I have poppers in the doors. Have had these in here for the past 3 years... however, this is the 2nd time my AutoLoc popper has broken.

Inside the popper, it has a snap washer that holds the bolt that slides back and forth in the unit when you trigger the popper. This is the 2nd time this washer has broken/disentigrated on me.

I think it is due to the popper eaching it's max pulling point and hitting the washer. Several hundred times of this happening (since my car is a daily driver) and the washer cracks and breaks.

Should I downgrade to a 30Lb popper so it doesn't pull so hard? Or maybe go down to a lower wire size (I'm running 10 gauge wire) so it doesn't supply it with so much power and pull as hard.

I'm afraid of using a 30lb popper cause some people have told me they have had problems with it having enough power to open our doors, so I went with the 50lb.

Any thoughts? I hate replacing these things... I wish they made a stronger clip that holds that bolt in place.