Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

2001 Tiburon Tail Lamps Not Working

Old 03-09-2010, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heya everyone I installed some aftermarket euro tail lamps on the Tiburon Ever since I didnt they never worked since. 02.gif

I did move the orange bulb into a different socket beacuse of fitment trouble Im afraid that may of did somthing bad tothe car.. 02.gif

I Checked and changed the fuses relays and even the green terminal fuse...Nothing still dont work im baffled >.< I cant find out whats wrong! I checked the bulbs too one in the gray socket on the drivers side if blown the others are all fine The tail lights only work If you turn on the hazards or push in the breaks!

Help would be apprciated sooooo much As I cant drive my tiburon anymore beacuse of the situation. Thank you so much everyone Cant wait for replys laugh.gif
Old 03-09-2010, 06:57 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Not sure I understand the problem...so the signal lights aren't working or the brake/running lights? You also stated that you moved the amber bulb to another spot, not sure I follow.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Does the bulb have dual filaments? If you take the bulb out, there should be two little bumps on the silver base, not one.
It's a dual filament if the bulb stays dim but flashes with brakes/signal/hazards.

I thought the bulbs were the same sizes, not sure why you had to move them.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:00 AM

yeah all the bulbs are in the correct place now the dual filament bulb is fine just one of the normal 1 prong bulbs is blown oh to make it clear hehe

The hazard lights work the turn signals do not work the break lights work so basically the tail lamps are never on unless you put on the breaks or turn on the hazard switch otherwise you got no tail lights ive changed all the relays fuses and the green 40amp terminal................

....This is getting very frustraiting I have no car its kind of depressing >.< cant drive it like that:/ I even called two hyundai mechanics they have no idea whats wrong either since i changed everything and all the bulbs are fine cept one......I miss my car sad.gif
Old 03-10-2010, 07:03 AM
Administrator

it sounds like the tail lamps are either a single filament or one filament is burned out. From what you are saying, they are never "DIM" and only come on when they're BRIGHT (flash / brakes).

Try replacing the bulb that isn't fine. It could be throwing it off. Check the wiring, see if it's loose (mine is) - wiggle the wires and see if it turns on
Old 03-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Thanks Magik and Nos you too are nice smile.gif Ill get a new bulb this friday and Ill check to see if its not loose and may I add!!!! In my personally think. The 2001 tiburon Is the best looking one ever made The 2 dual round headlight model is the absolute most rarest tiburon there is. I never see any around cept mine See the odd rare 90s one and see lots of newer ones no round headllight ones Anyone got the production numbers on all years of tibs ?
Old 03-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Administrator

that would be interesting to know. I'm not aware of how many were produced, and I've never seen it posted anywhere.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:42 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Yeah, me either. BTW funz, if you do decide to get some angel eyes, get ones that won't attract the RC's attention. I got two $54 fines for my blue lights, and a threat of a tow.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nos4atu @ Mar 10 2010, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, me either. BTW funz, if you do decide to get some angel eyes, get ones that won't attract the RC's attention. I got two $54 fines for my blue lights, and a threat of a tow.</div>

Awwwe Nos 02.gif That sucks Theres way to many laws here in canada compared to the u.s ...yeah I was thinking about getting angel eyes not now Thanks for the headsup! I will post some photos of the tiburon in this thread if thats okie Id like to show everyone It I love the car its preety sweet ( I had a sunfire before and All I can say Is UGh lol) Ill keep yahz posted on the tail lamp problem 1 bulb is blown cant get a replacement till friday 02.gif
Old 03-15-2010, 01:42 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I recently had to deal with tail light issues as well on my 2001. The problem on my car was the actual wiring harness and the contacts inside the bulbs receptacle, especially the brake/headlight bulbs. Funny thing was this happened at the same time on both sides after I changed both bulbs one night and noticed intermittent issues.

When I would test the car in the garage at first everything was working, but after a short trip one side would stop working. It was driving me nuts cause everything appeared fine unitl I wiggled the harness. I had someone apply the brakes while i wiggled the wires and the damn lights would flicker. As I was trying to get a better connection with the bulb late one nite the damn ground wire broke off inside the receptacle leaving me without a brake light since solder wouldn't stick to the piece on the inside so I gave up on that side and went to try and fix the other sides bulb when the same thing happend with one of the power wires. With both tail lights not functioning I was left stranded in my garage.

I ended up getting receptacle inserts from kragen the next day and had to re-wire and rebuild the inside of the receptacle so I would have a constant connection with the dual bulbs.

I never would have thought a 2min simple bulb change would turn into a 2day wiring fiasco. I looked online for replacement bulb receptacles that had wires on them but was unable to find any.

I guess I just need to visit a junkyard or something before one of those bulbs burns out.

Yeah so check the wiring harness.