Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

200 Hp

Old 09-16-2005, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I just got a 2001 5 Speed Tib and my goal for it is to crack 200 HP with it while staying N/A. Anybody with any suggestions on what I should get
Old 09-16-2005, 02:20 PM

a new attitude..

too much money and dedication man.

Unless your willing to spray nitrous or go turbo... for the average tuner 200whp on a hyundai is just not realistic.
sad.gif
Old 09-16-2005, 02:29 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

like Jaws said with n/a engine you need to do too much work to the engine, so that it give you 200 whp. And it will be pretty expensive.

Go turbo wink1.gif
Old 09-16-2005, 04:49 PM

Well, he didn't ask if it was cheap, he asked for suggestions...I would say for starters, get yourself a CAI, headers, high flow cat, 2.25"-2.5" mandrel bend exhaust piping, a large bore throttle body (probably a 62mm), an air ram intake manifold, new spark wires/plugs/ground wires, lightweight pulleys, poly engine mounts, long duration camshafts (some nice new ones on kspec with 284degree i believe), adjustable cam gears, high compression pistons, standalone ECU, larger injectors, high flow fuel pump(255lph), MSD Ingition system, ehhh maybe a fuel pressure regulator not sure if stock one would be ok, a lot of tuning, a lot more tuning, a lot more tuning, then probably some more tuning, then go to a dyno for some tuning, and then you'd probably finish off with some tuning after you have it tuned...it is a VERY expensive route, I have chosen the same route myself, but the list I just gave you will run you about $10,000...And I may have forgotten some things, like the fact that once you put all of this is, you're going to want a BBK, fuel pressure/oil pressure/oil temp gauges, strut&sway bars, struts&springs, lightweight rims, grippy tires, maybe some yaya bushings, if you decide to go with a longer stroke crank, custom rods, etc etc you're looking at maybe another $4,700...you have a very loooonnnngggg expensive road to hit that 200whp goal, so if you don't mind the fact that it'll take you about 15 years to get it there (not really just exagerrating), that's about what you're looking at...and then have it tuned on a dyno... fing02.gif
Old 09-16-2005, 04:55 PM

Why is your goal 200HP?
And is it 200WHP or 200 crank HP --estimated--?

In NA form it's probably impossible that you would get even to 180WHP with no severe mods such as new internals, blue printed, balanced, lightened crankshaft, hollow synthered and agressive cams, new ECU, and such, so big money there.

Still, my car is NA and I enjoy it a lot as is, I have almost all the bolt ons you can add (AirRam intake manifold, CAI, BBTB, exhaust line, headers, mild camshaft --Beta 1.8-- Magnecor plug wires and maybe somethign else I am forgetting) and I enjoy it A LOT. I am planning on adding some cams and Ecu and I'll stop there, a given power number is not my goal, but to have a car that is very nice drive and is also reasonably fast for the price.

If you ad to the list I putted there internals like hich comp pistons and more agressive cams, you could get around 160WHP I guess, and your Tib should be very enjoyable then... think about it and also stick to this website, chances are you will get owned.gif a couple times for questions like this, but over time you will learn, understand to know everyone here and enjoy.
There is no place else where you can get the quality of info you wil lget here.
fing02.gif
Old 09-16-2005, 05:08 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

supercharger with N/A mods buddy. that's the entire air flow system but you won't even hit the mark with that unless you do some flywheel and computer tuning.

i say go turbo. it'll be more power and less expensive.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:22 PM

It was 200 HP to the crank and I didn't really wanna go turbo because my car is a daily driver. My friend with a 99 Cobra put this idea into my head, after naming all the numerous parts that you all suggested we realized it would be ALOT of money But anyway I already have an intake and next I was just wonderin if I should get headers or a new intake manifold next. PLEASE BEAR WITH ME GUYS.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:53 PM

In my opinion, you should go for the new intake manifold, get the air ram because the supplies are limited so if you have the money for either, I'd say go for the IM and get the headers next.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:04 PM

thanks ill do some more research with the air ram and get back to you guys later
Old 09-16-2005, 09:07 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

you'd need a fpr with the walbro 255lt pump. the stock fpr cant handle it...i know.
and its 282 deg for the cams.

i've been thinking a lot, and i think my next beta is going to be a tib, absolutely no interior (extreme lightweight mod) and full n/a. just for the fun of it. you should throw a 3 or 5 angle valve job in there too. if you get the high cams, u need headwork to match the cam's specs. or u could spend 40k and get the race ready tigerlilly n/a motor with 230hp. =D