Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

Is it worth it to have nano coatings put on a car?

Old 02-02-2017, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata
Default Is it worth it to have nano coatings put on a car?

I'm having my car professionally cleaned and they have an add on service of putting nano ceramic coatings on the car after they are done doing all the other stuff. From what I can tell, it protects the paint but is it worth the added cost if they are doing the clay, polish and waxing?
Old 02-03-2017, 12:54 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

Judgement reserved on whether it's good or not and so much weighs on the detailer's thoroughness in doing the application.

I personally detail my black car once or twice a year as I am garaged and feel more often is not necessary.

Here's a link to some info to consider before you commit: http://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2014/...ersible-error/
Old 07-19-2017, 01:27 PM

Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T

Most of these "coatings" are sold by dealers on new car prep... its a easy way to pump up the delivery costs .

Good maintaince of your stock paint will last as long as any "aftermarket coating". Wash it weekly, clay bar and wax at least every other month depending on how bad the weather, roads ect are in your area is all you need to do. Ive taken to also keeping a few microfiber cloths and a bottle of spray detailer and spray wax in the trunk and sometime mid week Ill wipe it down and a quick spray wax. Takes 15 min to do the Sonata and keeps it looking clean all week