Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

Need Sonata advice.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata
Default Need Sonata advice.

I definitely won't spend any money on anything that could improve the performance of my 09 Sonata. I really enjoy a tasteful look of my car to make it unique but I hate paying shops to work on my car when I'm able to do it myself. Problem is I'm horrible at mechanics so I'm trying to learn about everything I can.

So for a novice like me is it fairly simple to install the following (given proper tutorials of course)

-New headlights including the angel eye mods and HID kit
-LED taillights
-Rear body kit

Someday I hope to learn how to paint a car myself too. I just want it black anyway.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Headlights: very simple, just a matter of unbolting old ones and bolting the new ones in
Tail lights: Same as headlights
Body Kit: Involves removing stock parts. Still very easy, but usually more stuff to unbolt or unscrew.

All 3 of those can be done with simple basic hand tools and can take anywhere from 10-30 min to do smile.gif
Old 10-04-2010, 09:47 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Visionz @ Oct 4 2010, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Headlights: very simple, just a matter of unbolting old ones and bolting the new ones in
Tail lights: Same as headlights
Body Kit: Involves removing stock parts. Still very easy, but usually more stuff to unbolt or unscrew.

All 3 of those can be done with simple basic hand tools and can take anywhere from 10-30 min to do smile.gif</div>

I checked out that site you linked me in the intro and found this kit. I only want the rear because I'm hoping it covers up my underglow bar better xD. So I just pretty much unbolt the original and place this one over it. I'll probably just pay the guys at the shop to paint it the same color and put it on myself. Thanks for all the help though dude you rock.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Hard to tell from the pic, but if its just a lip, then it will bolt onto the stock bumper from underneath. If its a full replacement bumper, then you just unbolt the stock bumper and bolt the new one in place. Should only take you about a half hour to do it.

If you want to go for a lip kit, theres the Studie kit too:

http://www.importshark.com/store/det...p?image_id=573

Give them a call or shoot them an email though first to see if they have it in stock.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:14 AM

Oh wow I like that also. They even have the casing all ready for the headlights I want. I'll probably go with this lip since it's only $225 and it should cover up my bar easily.