Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

n00b question

Old 11-28-2011, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Sonata
Default n00b question

alright i'll admit i'm a car audio n00b. i don't need pounding bass or anything, but i'd like to get some better sound out of my sonata. i'd like to replace the speakers with something that won't go all fuzzy when the volume is turned up, and maybe an amp and sub. I'm not sure how I would install an amp since I have the stock headunit and Im not sure if one can even be connected to it

what recommendations can you guys give me in the way of new speakers for the front/rear? i've got about 250 to spend total. thanks in advance
Old 11-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

$250 is probably on the low end for what you can find to do the job and sound half decent.

If the stock head unit comes with "line level" (in addition to "speaker level") outputs, you are at least one step ahead of the game. If not, the easiest route is probably going to be an all-in-one (speaker-to-line converter, crossover, amp, subwoofer, box) unit that you only need to supply with power and speaker level signals. Run power to it, tap into the speaker wires on the rear speakers, and go. That might get you "a little thump" which might be enough to get the volume turned down so the rest of the speakers stop buzzing. Bazooka has been making the Bass Tube for just this application for a loooong time. They catch a bad rap in certain circles, but if that's all you want it COULD be all you need.

If you want good sound in a car, $250 is a good start on some of the individual pieces of the puzzle.

fast forward five minutes . . . frikken DIRECT LINK SON! You caught me feeling helpful enough to search for you