Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

Looking for Aftermarket Parts for the 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid

Old 05-09-2011, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Default Looking for Aftermarket Parts for the 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid

Hello. I recently purchased one of the new 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrids. I love it. I'm not a huge fan of the grill though, and I'm not having any luck finding a replacement for it. I'm not surprised since it's so new, but I would like to replace it. It has a large piece of black plastic molding in the middle of it. Does anyone know if this has a functional purpose that would prevent it from being removed? Please let me know if you know of any aftermarket parts to improve the car aesthetically.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:58 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Sonata LX

Originally Posted by cjs1045
Hello. I recently purchased one of the new 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrids. I love it. I'm not a huge fan of the grill though, and I'm not having any luck finding a replacement for it. I'm not surprised since it's so new, but I would like to replace it. It has a large piece of black plastic molding in the middle of it. Does anyone know if this has a functional purpose that would prevent it from being removed? Please let me know if you know of any aftermarket parts to improve the car aesthetically.
KAI

SR
Old 05-09-2011, 08:10 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid

Thanks. KAI has some nice stuff. Niether site seems to be selling stuff specifically for the hybrid though. I'm sure some things are interchangeable while others are not. I think the chrome accessories around the windows are interchangeable, but the taillights look questionable. And sadly, still no new hybrid grill. But like I said, thanks, it looks like it has some stuff that may work.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:31 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Sonata LX

Originally Posted by cjs1045
Thanks. KAI has some nice stuff. Niether site seems to be selling stuff specifically for the hybrid though. I'm sure some things are interchangeable while others are not. I think the chrome accessories around the windows are interchangeable, but the taillights look questionable. And sadly, still no new hybrid grill. But like I said, thanks, it looks like it has some stuff that may work.
I totally forgot that the hybrid has a different front fascia, I just didn't bother to check.