Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

induction box

Old 04-23-2009, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6
Default induction box

some of you may know me from other forums, some of you may not. so for those who don't know me...

I ran a short ram intake on my 3.3L which was somewhat beneficial on nice brisk days and at times not. Too much hot air on dry days and some days are too damn humid to do any good (Houston, TX). Since our beloved 3.3L does quite well with our factory cold air setup, I've decided to improve on it. Our airbox I believe can be improved upon and our intake tube can of course be better as well.

So in the next few weeks, I'll be working on an induction box very similar to ARC's Super Induction Box. See image. I'll keep you all posted on it's development. Wish me luck as I'll be buying the material to start making me the box this weekend. It may or may not work, but at least I'll have fun trying.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

That's cool, good luck!

You might also be able to make good use of the K&N Apollo.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:15 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

cool.gif Good luck with that. cool.gif
Old 04-24-2009, 06:22 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6

Thanks. We'll see what happens. I hadn't seen the Apollo. I have a drop in K&N now. Well, gotta get back to work. Later ya'll.