Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

Hyundai Sonata Wagon (i40 in Europe) Caught Testing in the U.S

Old 07-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Hyundai Sonata Wagon (i40 in Europe) Caught Testing in the U.S

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...in-the-us.html

Last week we posted a first drive of the 2012 Hyundai i40 Touring with the subhead, "The Sonata Wagon We Can't Have." A Sonata with more space sounds like a win-win and, with some minor complaints about seat folding, it was. Trouble is, there are no plans to bring it to the states anytime soon. No matter how hard everyone tries, we just won't take our wagony medicine.

Then why is Hyundai bothering to test an already developed car on an LA freeway-- this isn't a car that needs hot weather validation and it's not in death valley-- in plain view of some Edmunds employees? Surely there would be an easier, cheaper way for them to drive the 1.7-liter turbodiesel or 1.6 / 2.0-liter gasoline motors in a Sonata on U.S. roads, but we can't rule this out as simply a powertrain prototype.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Looks great