Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

Debadge / Shave UV Ghost Lettering

Old 12-07-2012, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Sonata
Default Debadge / Shave UV Ghost Lettering

Hi.

I tried, but not really sure what to search for to find this answer in the forum.

I just debadged (I've always called it "shaved...") my Sonata and although the lettering came off clean, as I feared they might, they left behind a UV/faded ghost of themselves. It is only visible in strong direct light at the right angle... but now that I know it's there, it's naturally making me a bit . I doubt the camera will even pick it up as it is so subtle (didn't try yet), but at the right angle it is plainly visible as a faint off-color ghost of the original lettering.

Can something like that be taken out with goo gone, or am I looking at a deeper buffing and polishing situation?

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The opposite. The paint is factory-smooth vs. the microscratches everywhere else! Plus it is possibly still sealed with a bit of adhesive residue.