Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

Arrrggg...stupid chip in my windshield

Old 06-24-2010, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Sonatta 2.7L
Default Arrrggg...stupid chip in my windshield

This morning I was following a truck that had a bunch of crap in the bed of it. I kept my distance (about 3-4 car lengths away) but I could still see some small stones and dirt coming out of it. Heard some of it hitting the bottom of my car but didnt think much of it. Get to work and realize theres a tiny chip in my windshield. Its not a crack and its not real deep. Just a very small chip about half way through the glass in thickness. Is there anything out there I can put on it to prevent it from getting worst or cracking? mad.gif
Old 06-24-2010, 10:20 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i have the same thing. it was on my car when i first bought it. the elantra windshield is completely broken at the bottom. it's been like that for 6 years now haha. i'd say it depends on how bad it is.

i believe the only way to have it repaired is by going to a professional. they seal/fill it as good as new but it might cost you some.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Your insurance might cover it at no cost to you without raising your rates. If not, getting them fixed is pretty cheap at an auto glass shop.

There are DIY kits, but if you screw up your windshield will ear wiper blades.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Accent

I had a couple chips in my windshield from following a dump truck a couple of months back. My insurance company paid for it all and I didnt even see a difference in my bill. I would surely call them and alot of times they will send someone to you to fix it so you wont be out of a car.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:49 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Sonatta 2.7L

Called my insurance company last night. They are sending someone out on Monday to fill the chip in so Im happy. smile.gif