Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

2013 Sonata GLS - Replacing stock headlights for newer and brighter

Old 11-08-2021, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2013/Hyundai/Sonata GLS
Default 2013 Sonata GLS - Replacing stock headlights for newer and brighter

Hello all, just joined up on the site. I am not that far from finally paying off my car, bought it used back in 2016. I have a 2013 Sonata GLS, fully stock. I didn't want to do anything with it until I paid it off, just in case something went wrong I wouldn't regret dumping money in to it. Car has been great, solid ride, some minor repairs are needed, but nothing impossible to repair. I was fortunate last year to get in on that engine recall, got me a whole new engine, went from 93k on the motor to now about 4k . Now that I am a paycheck away from paying it off, I started looking in to replacing some of the stock stuff with more modern features from when it released. My first upgrade I want to do is to replace the headlights with something better than what I have. I live in Vermont and well, night driving isn't as safe as it is in a big city. No street lights on the roads or most stretches of the highway make it hard to see any critters thinking that it's time to cross. I am looking for any advice on the best option, with a reasonable price. Don't mind spending some money, but not anything that's way out of the way. I want to just give it some more modern features.
Old 06-14-2022, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Warren

Well, you are right; good lighting is important on the road. It is primarily about your safety and safety on the road. Try looking for more powerful headlights on eBay or Amazon. You can also look at the dealer store. But as a rule, dealer shops are not very cheap. In my case, the headlights were initially powerful and bright. The only thing I added was a smart light strip inside the car and a little outside. Inside, the lighting has become softer and more romantic. I do not like this bright blinding light inside the cabin. So that's it; good luck finding your headlights.

Last edited by GordonMurray; 06-15-2022 at 07:46 AM.