Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

2004 sonata HIDs

Old 01-29-2010, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Accent
Default 2004 sonata HIDs

My friend who is a member of this site never gets on (i don't know why..) but anyways he wants HIDs for his 04 Sonata. I showed him DDMtuning.com and he wants to but three sets because it will prob be around $115 shipped to his door. He wants High beams, Low beams, And Fog lights. but.....his lows stay on when his highs come on. Will this be a problem and if so what is the solution?

Old 01-29-2010, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

The only problem will be this. Every time you turn on the his, the bulbs will need to warm up. By the time they're warmed up, I can only imagine he'll have to turn them off again for oncoming traffic. Problem 2. The his come on, the fogs go off. When switching back and forth, the his and fogs have to warm back up each time they switch on and off. This is the same way my lighting system works. Tell him to try it with just lows and fogs first. I don't even use my hi beams anymore. If he still feels he needs to do the his after that, my suggestion would be to wire the fogs to a toggle instead of the stock system, so they can remain on all the time.

Also, no. There will be no problem with hi and low operating together.