Hyundai Santa Fe Forum The Hyundai Santa Fe Forum. Hyundai's Sport Utility Vehicle discussions here such as the Santa Fe, Tuscon, and Veracruz! Learn what makes these great cross overs and SUV's one of the favorites amongst Hyundai owners.

Hyundai adds new engine to Santa Fe (3.5L)

Old 04-20-2003, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>scourge:
Twin-turbo? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. jaw_drop </div>Ever see that photo of the wacked out Ford Festiva looking car with a huge front splitter and huge rear wing? It had an XG350 motor, twin turbo in the rear hatch area (nuthin up front but the wing). I'll try to dig the photos up and post them in General/Off Topic.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 Elantra

Another neat thing on the 3.5L is the dual stage intake runner. It has small open runners and also has motor driven butterfly valves that open a second set of larger runners.

I am campaigning for one once the Elantra I have is paid off. 3.5l, 5spd auto, FWD, eibachs, 255 rubber. Plus with no rear wheel drive the center tunnel is wide open for a nice dual exhaust if you remove the spare from underneath. I am sure a custom CAI would be possible also. If this motor responds as well as the 2.7l to bolt-ons the power could be up to around 220hp. That would be a fun Santa Fe.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:52 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Random:
Twin-turbo? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. jaw_drop </div>Ever see that photo of the wacked out Ford Festiva looking car with a huge front splitter and huge rear wing? It had an XG350 motor, twin turbo in the rear hatch area (nuthin up front but the wing). I'll try to dig the photos up and post them in General/Off Topic. </div>So, found the pics?
Old 04-23-2003, 09:23 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>lantraluvr:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Random:
Twin-turbo? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. jaw_drop </div>Ever see that photo of the wacked out Ford Festiva looking car with a huge front splitter and huge rear wing? It had an XG350 motor, twin turbo in the rear hatch area (nuthin up front but the wing). I'll try to dig the photos up and post them in General/Off Topic. </div>So, found the pics? </div>I haven't seen that one, but I've seen the Shogun, which is a festiva with a huge front splitter and rear wing with a Ford Taurus SHO/Yamaha 200-something horse 3.0 V6 parked in the rear seat driving the rear wheels...
Old 04-24-2003, 06:32 PM

I think that one would be the one that Jay Leno owns.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:36 AM

When is Hyundai going to bring the LZ450(a.k.a the Cenntennial) to this country? They have it on there U.S website in the customs section. That thing should be in the super luxury category.