Hyundai Santa Fe Forum The Hyundai Santa Fe Forum. Hyundai's Sport Utility Vehicle discussions here such as the Santa Fe, Tuscon, and Veracruz! Learn what makes these great cross overs and SUV's one of the favorites amongst Hyundai owners.

2011 Santa Fe Trip Computer Anomalies

Old 03-07-2012, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Santa Fe
Default 2011 Santa Fe Trip Computer Anomalies

From the day I took delivery of my 2011 Santa Fe, the DTE calculator has been way off when the tank was filled. I've contacted my dealer and Hyundai corporate and no one can/will tell me the algorithm used to calculate DTE. I'm sure it must take the fuel volume and accumulated average fuel efficiency, then do the arithmetic. Every time I fill my 68-litre tank, the DTE indicates 600±10 km. With 68 litres of fuel and, say, 8.3 l/100km efficiency, DTE should be 819 km. Duh? The other anomaly is that average fuel economy resets every time the fuel cap is removed. The manual states that it only resets when the reset button is pushed. This is a real nuisance if you want to determine fuel economy over an extended period. Anyone else have these beefs?
Old 03-07-2012, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2013 BMW 128i

I unconnected the battery in my Genesis Coupe for about ten minutes about two months ago, since then the fuel range until empty has been A LOT more accurate. Try that maybe?