Hyundai/KIA RSS Feeds RSS Feeds and News Links From Around The World...

Vacation Car Rental....Hyundai Surprise

Old 07-30-2009, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default Vacation Car Rental....Hyundai Surprise

I like to rent cars for vacation. It's something I started doing about 6 years ago and it's awesome. I don't have to worry about road dings, mileage, where I park it...etc. I can relax, drive the crap out of it and enjoy my vacation while our cars are locked safely at home in the garage. Anyhow, we just got back from a week down at Myrtle Beach, SC. I reserved a "Full Size" car from Enterprise. When I went to pick it up they drove around in a Chevy HHR. This is basically Chevy's version of a PT Cruiser. When I asked they claimed that the HHR is considered (by Enterprise) to be in the full-size class. Now understand that I was about to take myself, my wife, our 16 year-old son and his 17 yr old friend on a 9 hour drive with luggage. I sat in the HHR and said, "No way". It was downright small inside. The rear seat legroom was way too tight. I mean like knees-against-the-hard-plastic-seatback tight. After looking around the lot at other options, I decided on a 2009 Hyundai Sonata. It was actually cheaper because it's considered "Intermediate" size but it had much more passenger room.
I have never driven a Hyundai before and I'm pretty sure 10 years ago I wouldn't have liked it. But let me tell you, that '09 Sonata was a really nice car. It was well appointed, very comfortable, and ran great. I have to admit that if I were shopping for a car right now, the Hyundai Sonata would be on my short list.

View the full article