Hyundai/KIA RSS Feeds RSS Feeds and News Links From Around The World...

Spy Shots: Hyundai Sonata wagon captured for the first time

Old 05-31-2010, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default Spy Shots: Hyundai Sonata wagon captured for the first time

2011/2012 Hyundai Sonata wagon - Click above for high-res image gallery

We recently published some renderings of what a station wagon variant of the new Hyundai Sonata might look like, and we now have our first actual photos of the real thing undergoing testing. While it (predictably) doesn't feature the two-door shooting brake layout we might have hoped for, it actually does look quite close to the four-door image. Hyundai designers appear to have opted for more of a sporty slant-back look like the Audi Avant wagons than the more utilitarian box we typically get from Volvo.

When the Sonata launches in Europe, it is expected to adopt the current iXX naming convention used there to become the i40 Kombi. Europeans will apparently get the wagon first, followed by the sedan. At present, it remains unclear if the wagon will ever arrive in the States. From what we can see through the camo, the i40 will get a different grille from the North American model, as well as a different treatment around the base of the A-pillar. At least on this prototype, the Euro-version has chrome trim that wraps around the mirror, while the chrome on the American variant extends straight down to the trailing edge of the headlamp cluster.

Gallery: Spy Shots: Hyundai i40 Kombi / Sonata wagon

View the full article
Old 06-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Not sure what to think about this. It looks like a pretty damn long car. Wonder if they bumped up the HP by a little to accomodate for the extra weight.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Well judging by the fact they didn't do anything to the elantra gt (lol let's call it a gt instead of wagon) I doubt they will do anything to the sonata power wise
Old 06-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

As long as the turbo 2.0 will be an option with 274hp I don't really think lack of power will be an issue.