Hyundai/KIA RSS Feeds RSS Feeds and News Links From Around The World...

Spied ? 2011 Hyundai Elantra

Old 09-10-2009, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default Spied ? 2011 Hyundai Elantra

2011_Hyundai_Elantra - 12011_Hyundai_Elantra - 2

Based closely on the Hyundai Sonata YF, this 2011 Hyundai Elantra was caught testing in the Nevada desert by the boys over at Edmunds.

The exterior (look at the roofline) is very close to the Sonata YF, I thought they mistook it for a new car and only upon closer inspection did the boot and wheelbase give away this new car.

The central console, speedo and tacho dials and even the steering wheel is inspired from the flagship model.

Powertrain options and information on variants are not available at this point. As this car is now out in the open, a lot more information is expected to follow.

Source – Edmunds Inside Line

View the full article
Old 09-10-2009, 01:06 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

i believe that is a 6-speed hiding in the center there. hmmmm......maybe the new forte engine is coming over.......
Old 09-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Yep, that's a 6 speed all right. I would assume that the Forte and the next Elantra will share platforms. The Forte seemed like it was quite a bit bigger than a current HD Elantra, but they are pretty nice.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:59 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'd like to pick a fight with the dumb people that say that a 6th gear is unnecessary. My arse, it makes for quieter cabin at high speed, gives you more fuel economy on the highway, and saves the engine from revving high. now why would you not need a 6th gear?

anyway, i don't like this new elantra. too much of that Scion Tc doorline, pillar is all the way up front, and Hyundai have to get out of this annoying tach cup ring phase.

looks exactly like the new expensive lexus hybrid