Hyundai/KIA RSS Feeds RSS Feeds and News Links From Around The World...

Hyundai Santro: To Facelift by Year End

Old 05-08-2009, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default Hyundai Santro: To Facelift by Year End

Hyundai Motor India Ltd. intends to roll out another variant of the Hyundai Santro by the end of this year. "The Santro has been a very successful car for us. We may refresh the car by the year end," said a senior Hyundai official.

New Hyundai Santro CarIn 2003, the Korean firm had launched the Hyundai Santro Xing with a few cosmetic changes. Two years later, the Hyundai Santro got the eRLX technology. The CNG variant was introduced in 2007 followed by the LNG version in 2008.

New Hyundai Santro CarAccording to sources, there will be some stylistic changes, but the price of the new variant may not vary much. Sources said "Of course there will be some tweaking done in the overall appearance of the car, but no engine change is on the cards."

New Hyundai Santro CarThe Hyundai Santro is at present available in three variants namely petrol, LPG and CNG - and is priced between Rs 2, 59,900 and Rs 3,69,059 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Hyundai exports the car to Columbia, Mexico, Sudan, South Africa and Algeria. Till April, the company has exported 4,39,541 units. Since its launch in India in September 1998, Hyundai has sold 9,84,418 units in the domestic market.
New Hyundai Santro CarNew Hyundai Santro CarThe Hyundai Santro and the Hyundai i10 comprise about 75 per cent of the 22,000-23,000 units that Hyundai sells each month in the domestic market. No break-up was available for Hyundai Santro and Hyundai i10 sales. Officials, however, said i10 sales were higher.

Source: Infibeam.com News

Related Books:
CD-Hyundai-Mazda 81-98 Cars, Suv
Korean Dynasty: Hyundai and Chung Ju Yung
Chilton Asian Mechanical Service, Volume 1: Acura, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, Kia

View the full article