Hyundai/KIA RSS Feeds RSS Feeds and News Links From Around The World...

Hyundai Replaces Car Destroyed In BMW Parking Lot Attack

Old 11-03-2009, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Hyundai Replaces Car Destroyed In BMW Parking Lot Attack

http://consumerist.com/5395594/hyundai-rep...king-lot-attack

About a week ago, a woman tried to park her BMW X5 in a gym parking lot in Thornhill, Ontario. For some mysterious reason, she instead drove over two other cars and sat on top of them for a few seconds, like a big game cat savoring her kill. Then she drove off.

One of the demolished cars was a 2004 Hyundai Elantra that the owner had just finished paying off, and on Friday Hyundai gave him a new car.

Luckily the incident was caught on a security camera, so if you haven't seen it yet, here ya go:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Do6pmYfNco0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Do6pmYfNco0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The 62-year-old driver returned to the scene of the crime—she was a member of the gym—last week, where she was identified by a gym employee with a special interest in solving the case. The Globe and Mail writes, "She was identified when an Extreme Fitness staff member, whose own car had been crushed in the Oct. 22 incident, spotted a similar-looking SUV in the parking lot again Wednesday morning [October 28] and called police."

The Elantra owner, Todd Jamison, was surprised last Friday by a Hyundai representative in the parking lot:

...when colleagues called him into the office on a pretense, he found a shiny 2010 Hyundai Elantra in the lot along with a smiling Hyundai representative. ""We wanted to help the guy," a Hyundai spokesman told TheStar.com. "This was our random act of kindness."

Either that, or it's the best viral advertising video for both BMW vehicles, and Hyundai customer service, that I've ever seen.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Tibby Fx

what a dumb b*tch. at least the guy got a new car from hyundai.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:37 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

hahahaha! only someone with an SUV would drive away from that. roadhogs!

whoa you would never hear of this! it's nice to see acts of kindness. that is what the world needs more of.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

I wish someone ran over my POS
Old 11-03-2009, 10:52 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

driving with both feet? ive seen my fair share of old people who think 2 feet driving is the way to go... brake can become gas real quick in an old mind....
Old 11-03-2009, 01:50 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Very nice of them.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I'm impressed that they would do that.