Hyundai/KIA RSS Feeds RSS Feeds and News Links From Around The World...

Hyundai i20 Diesel Car Gearing Up For Indian Roads

Old 04-20-2009, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default Hyundai i20 Diesel Car Gearing Up For Indian Roads

Hyundai had previously launched Hyundai i10 which was a huge success in India. The Hyundai i20 is doing well too and Hyundai is all set to launch the Hyundai i20 Diesel.

Hyundai i20 Diesel CarWith skyrocketing petrol prices, the Hyundai i20 Diesel would be a welcome change. The diesel version of Hyundai i20 is being manufactured at its Chennai plant for exports. So far in India, Hyundai has marketed only the petrol variant.

Hyundai i20 Diesel CarSpeaking about the proposed launch, Mr. Aravind Saxena, Senior Vice-President, Sales and Marketing, Hyundai Motor India, said "We will launch Hyundai i20 diesel for the domestic market this year. But we are yet to finalize the engine size."

Hyundai i20 Diesel CarHyundai i20 Diesel is equipped with a 1.4 liter CRDi engine that offers an 88 BHP of power. Hyundai i20 is expected to offer a fuel efficiency of around 20 km per liter of fuel. The more powerful 1.6 litre diesel version is exported and may not be launched in India due to its high price.

Hyundai i20 Diesel CarHyundai i20 Diesel will be priced between Rs 5-6 lakh, 20-25% more than the petrol version and pitted against diesel versions of Maruti Swift, Skoda Fabia, Tata Indigo, Ford Fusion and Fiat Palio in the hatchback segment.

Hyundai i20 Diesel Car
By: Amrith K.A.

Related Books:
Hyundai: Coupes/Sedans 1986-93
Hyundai: Coupes/Sedans 1994-98
Hyundai Excel & Accent: 1986 Thru 1998

View the full article