Hyundai/KIA RSS Feeds RSS Feeds and News Links From Around The World...

Hyundai i20 1.4 Diesel Test Drive ReviewSEMA Preview: RM460 Genesis Coupe with 500-hp mid-engine V8 gets rendered

Old 10-22-2009, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default Hyundai i20 1.4 Diesel Test Drive ReviewSEMA Preview: RM460 Genesis Coupe with 500-hp mid-engine V8 gets rendered

Car tested: 2009 Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDi Diesel

Price OTR Mumbai: 7,93,314/-

MotorBeam rating:

Small cars account for 70% of total car sales in India and although premium hatchbacks are all but small, anything without a boot is termed as a small car. Enter the Hyundai i20 and all that is set to change. This car is by no means small. Filed under: Aftermarket, SEMA Show, Coupe, Performance, Hatchback, Hyundai

Rhys Millen Racing RM460 Genesis Coupe - Click above for high-res image gallery

We've been keeping tabs on Rhys Millen Racing and their construction of a V8-powered, mid-engine Hyundai Genesis Coupe for the last few weeks. Called the RM460 Genesis Coupe, this car will make its official debut at SEMA in early November, but we've got the first rendering of the exterior right here for ya.

As we've mentioned before, the engine is the 4.6-liter Tau V8 normally found under the hood of a Hyunda Genesis sedan. The Gen Coupe's rear seat has been tossed to make room, and the V8 has been upgraded with eight individual throttle bodies, a set of JE pistons and an AEM engine management system that all work in concert to bump power to 500 horsepower. In order to make the engine accessible back there, RMR also replaced the trunk lid with a carbon fiber rear hatch that's vented and hinges near the roof line.

Being a SEMA car, there's hardly a bolt or nut on this car that hasn't been modified. The stock transmission was swapped out for a Mendeola five-speed sequential gearbox and the stock suspension augmented by a set of KW coilovers. HRE 560 Series 20-inch wheels, Toyo T1R tires and a StopTech braking system round out the hardware upgrades. The exterior, meanwhile, features an RMR Signature Edition kit with carbon fiber spoilers and custom RM ONYX HD paint job by BASF. The interior sports seats plus alcantara and carbon fiber trim panels from Sparco, and there's a boomin' sound system by Infinity as well.

We're interested less in the RM460's flashy bits than what the car means. It's a rolling test bed for how far both the Genesis Coupe and the 4.6-liter Tau V8 can be pushed, and hopefully RMR will pass all that knowledge onto Hyundai for incorporation into future iterations of the Genesis Coupe.

Gallery: Rhys Millen Racing RM460 Genesis Coupe

[Source: Hyundai]
Continue reading SEMA Preview: RM460 Genesis Coupe with 500-hp mid-engine V8 gets rendered

SEMA Preview: RM460 Genesis Coupe with 500-hp mid-engine V8 gets rendered originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:25:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

View the full article
Old 10-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I like the looks of that kit in the Gen Coupe. smile.gif
Old 10-22-2009, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

of course i will never approve that the guy who they got the design from, the same guy who designed the ugliest car on earth and helped chrysler go out of business--the chrysler crossfire. but as far as working with that you got: finally a nice bumper, nice lip and no kit. nice rims (minus the ugly screws). rhys is onto something! he is a great guy and this will be the most badass genesis ever.