Hyundai/KIA RSS Feeds RSS Feeds and News Links From Around The World...

Hyundai entering F1?

Old 10-26-2009, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Hyundai entering F1?

I saw this article earlier over the weekend, and havent really heard too much about it. I know the article is about 3 years old...but has anyone else heard about this actually happening?

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/23/hyundai...er-f1-in-2010/#

When the inaugural Korean Grand Prix begins in 2010, natives may have a local team to get behind. Hyundai has announced their plans to enter the world of Formula One in the 2010 season.

Hyundai, who originally planned to purchase an existing team, may forgo that option and partner with electronics maker Samsung to finance the team. Talks are currently underway between the automaker and Bernie Ecclestone to secure a place on the grid.

The news is partnered with rumors that Hyundai may re-enter the world of rallying, and that, coupled with the technological developments inherit with F1, should make the automaker a more viable player on the world stage

Couple other links too, which seem kind of old:

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1028736...i-in-f1-by-2010

http://hyundaif1.com
Old 10-26-2009, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tib

I heard about this too. If it happens I'll definitely watch it. Wonder who the driver would be for their cars and what kind of specs the cars will have. Hyundai F1 engine swap anybody? laugh.gif
Old 10-26-2009, 11:43 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Although a possibility, I highly doubt. FIA are in turmoil & constantly changing rules. Tlack of promotion included in turmoil. eams are discouraged. this to me is a dream but it won't be a reality until FIA get their act together to benefit the sport instead of tearing it to apart.

My perception is they will do this when the time is right. May take 10 years. They will never go back to WRC. Ever.
sorry for short response, on iphone
Old 10-26-2009, 04:11 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

What team would they buy BMW? They are the only ones I can think of that won't be coming back next year. There will already be a few new teams, I don't see this happening.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:16 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

BMW? They are the only ones I can think of that won't be coming back next year.

BMW already has signed contracts and sold the team. so the team will still be around, but BMW won't sponsor nothing anymore.

WTF so they are entering F1? i heard and read something like this in 2006 and wonder if it's the same thing. i highly doubt hyundai entering F1. it's SO expensive.