Hyundai/KIA RSS Feeds RSS Feeds and News Links From Around The World...

ab-b Hyundai, Kia preview new three-door hatches for Paris Motor Show

Old 09-15-2012, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default ab-b Hyundai, Kia preview new three-door hatches for Paris Motor Show

Filed under: Budget, Europe, Paris Motor Show, Hatchback, Hyundai, Kia

Kia and Hyundai will both introduce stylish new hatchbacks at the 2012 Paris Motor Show. The platform-sharing Kia cee'd and Hyundai i30 were both redesigned this year and introduced with five-door hatchback and station wagon variants. In Paris, we'll see sportier three-door models added to the mix: the 2014 Kia pro_cee'd and the 2014 Hyundai i30 three-door.

Matching the model range of the previous generation of each car, the three-doors should nicely complement the five-door versions of the cee'd and the i30 (known as the Kia Forte and Hyundai Elantra GT, respectively, in the U.S.). Despite their shared genetics, the cars are well distinguished from each other. We think the Kia is sharper-looking, with its signature "tiger nose" grille and wide, Scirocco-like rear end. Four different engine options, two gas and two diesel, are shared with the already-available five-doors.

While the the new Kia model makes sense, the three-door i30 might faces instant competition on the same showroom floor in the Hyundai Veloster. The i30's advantages are powertrain diversity and more traditional styling compared to the Veloster.

As good as both cars look, neither will be offered in the U.S. We'll have plenty of live photos available when the cars are unveiled on September 27.Continue reading Hyundai, Kia preview new three-door hatches for Paris Motor Show

Hyundai, Kia preview new three-door hatches for Paris Motor Show originally appeared on Autoblog on Sat, 15 Sep 2012 18:03:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

View the full article
Old 09-15-2012, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Originally Posted by Hyundai News Bot
As good as both cars look, neither will be offered in the U.S.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Mutha****er, seriously. Hyundai! Bring that shiz across the pond! I'm ready for a new commuter!