Hyundai/KIA RSS Feeds RSS Feeds and News Links From Around The World...

ab-b 2015 Hyundai Genesis

Old 11-26-2013, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default ab-b 2015 Hyundai Genesis

Filed under: Sedan, Hyundai, First Drives, Luxury, South Korea

It's not easy to drive a prototype-level version of the upcoming, second-generation Hyundai Genesis sedan.

Three hours in airports; fourteen hours in a plane; two hours riding in a car from a Iuncheon to my hotel in the now-famous Gangnam district of downtown Seoul; another two hours-plus on a bus from Seoul out to the Hyundai nerve center in Namyang. And that's just the travel.

Finally settled into a massive presentation room deep in the heart of the Namyang R&D center, freshly denuded of all of my camera gear and fortified with abundant coffee and green tea cookies, I still faced hours of product presentation; question and answer sessions with a large team of engineers, designers and executives; an official unveiling under the soaring dome of the Design Hall; a strolling lunch and more coffee. And then, finally, a shuttle ride to the proving grounds around which the whole facility hums with enterprise for an all-too-brief stint behind the wheel of a car that, by this point, I'm basically slavering to get my hands on.

Say this for the South Koreans: they know how to build suspense.Continue reading 2015 Hyundai Genesis

2015 Hyundai Genesis originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

View the full article