Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

V6 in my 99 tib?

Old 05-13-2001, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tast the main problem who really makes RACING products for a Santa fe.. no one really.. its hard enough to find tib parts.. let alone a sport ute
Old 05-13-2001, 08:36 AM

yeah just like DJ just said. even if you did, there isnt any market for the santfe engine out there. you would have to be a guiena pig and that cost money. you could get the engine but where would you find things such as cams, BBTB, headers, exhaust and all that stuff. you are better just by boosting or spending the money and rebuild a beta to handle madd NOS or boost or SC. rolleyes.gif
Old 05-13-2001, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Hyundai does make a several V-6's
Click here for engines...

The Sigma 3.5L is your best power producer, but how you would shoehorn that big of a V6 into a tiburon engine bay is beyond my abilities.

But, one of them might be a good match. As I said before, I have seen a photo of a Tiburon with a V6 transplant under the hood. It was the 2.5 Delta engine though.

Check with Boogyman, see if he knows of any V-6 engines that have aftermarket parts in Korea. Chances are the Sonata V6 or the XG300 V6 are your best bet for US availability and Korean part availability.

[ May 13, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 05-13-2001, 10:56 PM

Like trying to fit a square beg into a cirlce. I am failing to see the logic here as well. You want true power. You must want to do this strictly for show right? Also with the weight of the v6 engine, that is going to offset your power to weight ratio. I hate to say this, but a crappy honda civic ex hatchback with a turbo will beat your(pure power)tiburon bad. It's your money. Good luck!
Old 05-14-2001, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Jaws

The V6 engines should not be THAT heavy. Maybe max of another 200 LBS vs the stock I4 engine. In the big scheme of things, 200 lbs isn't going to kill the performance.

Granted you will want to move as much weight as possible to the rear of the car. Battery relocation (save underhood space and offset weight),

In the end, it's his decision. If he wants to do it, let's try to do the best we can to be supportive.
Old 05-14-2001, 04:43 AM

Hey Random,
I am just looking at the logic behind it. I personally just can see going thru so much trouble just to get so little back in return. I can get a supercharger and be at around 200hp. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think so.
Old 05-14-2001, 02:09 PM

I would just like to see the crooked H get the respect they deserve. i take civics, accords, maximas, sentras, preludes, camrys, probes, mx3s, you name it i'll take it on. I dont care whether i win or lose, I'm just out there to let it be known that you cant f**k with my tibby. If honda has its own hybrid followers, then hyundai should bring in its own. if there was a demand for swaps, maybe they would make it readily available. there needs to be tuner parts for every engine, and a tuner for every engine. everyone in this part of town knows that the tibby can hold its own thanks to me.

we need more!!!!!!