Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Swap question.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC
Default Swap question.

I'm going to swap a newer beta into a 99 tiburon with a 5spd. Some places I've called say that I have to get a beta from a car which has a 5spd as well. And some say it doesn't matter if it came from an auto or 5spd. I just need to know which is true.
Thanks.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Accent GSi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whiplash @ Apr 28 2008, 03:08 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>I'm going to swap a newer beta into a 99 tiburon with a 5spd. Some places I've called say that I have to get a beta from a car which has a 5spd as well. And some say it doesn't matter if it came from an auto or 5spd. I just need to know which is true.
Thanks.</div>

Assuming the newer motor you're putting in has all of the same sensors/wiring as your old motor (for example: both MAF or MAP, both VVT or non-VVT)you should be OK. You'll just have to remove the flex plate that the torque converter attaches to from the newer auto motor and install the flywheel form your older 5spd motor