Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

mtisu evo swap

Old 07-05-2001, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mtisu evo swap

how could i go about a mitsu lancer evo engine swap for my 2.0l 2k1 tib? how much would it cost and would it work? also is it really worht the money and the time? where could i also get this motor? thanks a lot
Old 07-06-2001, 02:05 AM

Hi I know someone from UK that he can get The EVO 5 or 6 Engine but it cost alot and he told me the Shipping is a killer too.

The Good New Is that it will Fit the Tiburon but the Bad News is when something went wrong in the engine from which Mitsubishi Dealership will u get the replacement parts for the engine. Or do u know of another Mitsubishi who has the same engine as the lancer in the USA but non turbo ?

I thought the 4Cyl from the Santa Fe and the 4 Cyl Sonata where the same as the Lancer but I think their not the same, they look similar, but maybe I am wrong.

Another place u can look is a distributor of Imported New or Used Engines from Japan and look for Lancer 4-7 Turbo Engines.

Good Luck

Jose From Puerto Rico Home of the Worlds Fastest Hyundai Accent "La Pulga" eek.gif
Old 07-06-2001, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Use the engine from a Turbo Eclipse or Eagle Talon. There is plenty of aftermarket parts out there for the engine.

For what you would spend on a motor, ECU, and then hooking it up to a Beta Gearbox, then making decent HP with it, you could do the same with the Hyundai Beta Motor you have.
Old 07-06-2001, 02:12 AM

Random shame on you, the mitsu motor won't fit or bolt up in the tib, unless you want it to go backwards. Nomad he was right about doing a tib turbo tho.
Old 07-06-2001, 02:25 AM

If u want to get in contact with some Lancer Owners go to this website, their is alot of cool things in that website i notice that 96 and under mirage has the same engine as the Eclipse and it is more easy to make thsoe swap with those cars and 97 and up mirage u can swap the evo 4 and up engine.
Imagine a Mirage Coupe LS with Lancer Engine that thing will fly as hell. Also remember that the other car that fits the 2.0L is the Accent since the 2.0L engine of the Tiburon fits as well imagine what it could do to an Accent with that Turbo engine !!!

Here in Puerto Rico the Fastest Mirage Coupe with original engine 1.8L it is running his best at the 1/4 mile at 11.90sec.
eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif
www.lancerregister.com and go to the Forum and u will fine the help and the links that need Good luck my Friend.
Old 07-06-2001, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The Mitsu motor fits just fine. Ask Libra. They ran a Tiburon with the Turbo Mitsu motor in it for 2 years.

Will it take lots of fabrication to make it fit...hell yes. But does fit.

And as I said...getting it to bolt up to the Beta Tranny would be $$$.

Money makes almost anything possible.