Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

megasquirt v3 install complete...plus a question...

Old 05-01-2011, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Accent
Default megasquirt v3 install complete...plus a question...

hey, Just wanted to say I finished my megasquirt install on my beta2 accent. Runs real good with only a couple days of tuning on it. I have one question though to anyone who has done a megasquirt install. What did you do for the canister purge valve? right now I just have the hose venting to the atmosphere all the time? thanks.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:14 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

i suppose you could run it back into the IM, it'd just make the car run rather rich for a minute or two, then go back to normal. if you are running on open loop, perhaps make the computer revert to closed loop while the canister does its thang. hell, you could even run a bonus lean map to compensate for the momentary richness.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:37 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Accent

yeah well the valve normally runs back into the Intake Manifold but for now Im not sure when exactly the canister is supposed to vent, so I use that existing vacuum for my map. I will have to see when it is supposed to be on or off and program an output for it. The valve broke when I had my 1.6 and i drove it without noticing anything for almost a year so I figured I would let it vent to atmosphere until I could figure out when to run it. Im guessing it will affect the tuning somewhat.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:58 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Accent

Venting to atmostphere wont do anything. It works off of vacuum, when it opens, vacuum from the engine will suck the gasses out of the canister. Just leave it alone,unless emmisions are a problem then hook it up. It comes on at idle or under high vacuum conditions like decel so techincally you can hook it up when MS goes into overun, very low KPA.

Did you run full standalone on that Beta motor? I want to know how you got your cranking signal. What are your settings in MS?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Turbo

Compoundedlc hit me up I can send you msq. If you want.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:04 PM

Hey fastest, I just got your .msq from your link along with the other turbo Tib. So you hooked up directly to the CKP and the cam sensor as a secondary or just the ckp that's on the front of the block? SOrry for the thread hi-jack.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:26 PM

I've got the ms 1 so its just pulling off the ckp. And the other turbo tib on that site is mine too just an older tune.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:50 PM

Sounds easy enough, are you using the GM IAT sensor?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:05 PM

Yes I am. I still use the factory coolant temp sensor. The factory coolant sensor actually seems more accurate. they are both close enough to tune and run the car with.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:18 PM

Ive added a new link to my Sig. It is all my MS screen shots and my Actual megatune files, ready to paste to your program files folder.