Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

just curious

Old 03-25-2009, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon GT
Thumbs up just curious

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#0000FF"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">my dad buys salvage titled cars and fixes them up and resells them.. anyway he got his hands on a 2008 hyundai azera with the 3.8 L Lambda V6 engine and i was wondering if i could swap out the engine and put it in my tib? and if it would be compatible with the ecu, tranny, and all that good stuff... let me know guys! it would be badazz to have a tib pushin 265hp!!! and sry visionz if i didnt post this in the right category! im still figuring out the site smile.gif</span></span></span>
Old 03-26-2009, 02:03 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I'm gonna move this over to the Hybrid section. No big deal. smile.gif
Old 03-26-2009, 02:12 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sleepyboy915 @ Mar 25 2009, 09:01 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#0000ff"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">my dad buys salvage titled cars and fixes them up and resells them.. anyway he got his hands on a 2008 hyundai azera with the 3.8 L Lambda V6 engine and i was wondering if i could swap out the engine and put it in my tib? and if it would be compatible with the ecu, tranny, and all that good stuff... let me know guys! it would be badazz to have a tib pushin 265hp!!! and sry visionz if i didnt post this in the right category! im still figuring out the site smile.gif </span></span></span></div>
To answer your questions:

Can you swap the 3.8l Lambda into the Tib?
Anything can be done with enough time and money but with the Tib next to a Sonata with the 3.3l Lambda my impression was that the engine is physically too large to be a good fit anyways. i'm pretty sure you would have to do some serious sheetmetal work to make it fit, maybe even relocate the strut mounts.

Is the 3.8l lambda compatible with the ECU, transmission, etc.?
No. That's the short answer. The ECU is not compatible and since the Lambda has CVVT it really can't readily be adapted to work. Maybe using a Greddy V-Manage could work but that's opening a WHOLE new can of worms. As far as I know the transmissions have not been tested for compatibility. It is however unlikely that they would be compatible.

It would be cool to do, the most reasonable way to do it IMO is to run a standalone computer and the Tib 6-speed transmission with an adapter plate. If you do it yourself you're looking at 2-3 thousand in parts not including the engine. If you pay to have it done it'll probably cost $8,000+ to have a shop do it.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:20 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sleepyboy915 @ Mar 26 2009, 12:01 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#0000FF"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">my dad buys salvage titled cars and fixes them up and resells them.. anyway he got his hands on a 2008 hyundai azera with the 3.8 L Lambda V6 engine and i was wondering if i could swap out the engine and put it in my tib? and if it would be compatible with the ecu, tranny, and all that good stuff... let me know guys! it would be badazz to have a tib pushin 265hp!!! and sry visionz if i didnt post this in the right category! im still figuring out the site smile.gif</span></span></span></div>
yeah basically what 187sks said..

dont worry about being new if you post it in the wrong forum we'll move it it's no big deal =)
Old 03-26-2009, 04:48 PM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon GT

<span style="color:#0000FF"><span style="font-family:Century Gothic">aww man what a bummer! i guess i'll just stay with the 2.7L delta motor</span></span>