Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

gamma swap...

Old 03-15-2012, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent

yeah thats a good thought stocker. i'd have to find the engine reasonably cheap to want to do this. i don't mind pulling out everything, i'd just have to do some research first and see what is different.

the accent is just a cheap commuter car to me. thats why i'd never do a beta swap, but the idea of this gamma swap is attractive since the engine uses a bit less fuel. but i'm still going to beat my 1.6 beta into the ground first
Old 03-15-2012, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

I get better gas milage from my Beta by about 50 miles per tank over the 1.5L Alpha I had
Old 03-16-2012, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

Originally Posted by Stocker
The difference is you have to swap out the short block. Not a huge deal, mechanically. The timing belt (and its cover) is different, the injectors are different.

The reason you don't see people buying new cars smashed in the back is new cars smashed in the back still cost more than the car you want to put the new car's parts into.

yeah, like the rear quarter panel and the trunk area?

they're pretty much the part of the car's unibody..and the time to pull, pound, smoothen & stretch the rear quarter panel, or even clipping is too much time and money and even unsafe
Old 03-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The low-miles engine out of a new car could probably sell, used, for double what my car is worth. Plus the rest of the stuff that's not smashed. New cars that are smashed are expensive, even though they are smashed.