Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

engine swap?

Old 07-02-2002, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tibby
Default engine swap?

I have been searching here for awhile looking for some info on putting the tib engine in a 2000 accent. is there anywhere i could get some real info and pros and cons with the swap? thanks for the help...
Old 07-02-2002, 05:55 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Accent

Dude first of all good luck. I'm gonna try and do it at the end of the summer. YOu're gonna need to get custom engine mounts, and new axle from what I hear. And of course an engine. Wiring harness', blah blah blah. So if you've thought about it before then you already know this. But dude I'm in chicago, I'd definately like to come and see this get done. Let me know when your gonna start it, and remember pictures, pictures, pictures.
Old 07-03-2002, 03:43 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tibby

thats why i want some info that is fact. because from what i understood is that with the 2000 up model you didn't need new engine mounts...i want everything set and i want all the parts in order before i start breaking stuff.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:58 AM

I've heard that in the previous model (95-99) it is reeeeeaaaaaaaally easy. So, good luck!!! eek!
Old 07-09-2002, 08:27 AM
Red

You may not need new engine mounts, but you'll need a new engine wiring harness, new computer and a lot of patience.

Figure about $1000-$1500 at the junkyard for all the necessary parts (longblock, wiring, ECU, tranny I *think* you need) and then a lot of time installing it.

I'm actually giving some thought to finding an old POS Accent somewhere with a burnt motor / thrashed tranny that I can buy for about $1000 or less.

I figure I have this second BETA engine laying in Joel's garage... Have some custom 13:1 hyper-eutectic pistons made, port the head with a hole saw wink , run a dual throttlebody setup, use all my N/A parts off my old setup (HVE header, intake, blah blah etc) and just use the stock computer and some spray Fun little car for about $3K in expenses!
Old 07-09-2002, 08:29 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Red:
I figure I have this second BETA engine laying in Joel's garage... Have some custom 13:1 hyper-eutectic pistons made, port the head with a hole saw wink , run a dual throttlebody setup, use all my N/A parts off my old setup (HVE header, intake, blah blah etc) and just use the stock computer and some spray Fun little car for about $3K in expenses!</div>your insane
lol