Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Deathtoll of Alpha Tranny on Beta Motor

Old 01-26-2010, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Schwitzer Turbo @ Jan 16 2010, 03:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i wanted to run the alpha tranny because it will work out MUCH cheaper as i could reuse my tranny and shafts. Im sure the beta tranny will fit but what modifications will i/did you have to make? Custom shafts? New mountings? New linkages? New shifting cables? Has anyone read the post on hp.com about alpha tranny break threw? Were they put beta internals inside a accent box?</div>

Hey I used one custom mount, modified another, and didn't have to do anything with my axle shafts, it was lined up right where the alpha tranny was. can't say for certain that this is going to be the same for a scoupe. shift linkages are fine also. I have a slight catch when shifting into second but I think that is my synchro and not the linkage being too short.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:59 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Accent GS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Schwitzer Turbo @ Jan 16 2010, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>After reading that i think im going to abort the beta swop. Im my country gearboxses are the same price as motors. . . Why do you say first and second gear is useless? Is it that there is no traction or because if you nail it in those gears it will break?</div>
There is no traction and at a dead stop those gears/diff blow up. I have learned to only nail it in second gear. One day I will swap in the tibby transmission.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:05 PM

Vehicle: 1995 Scoupe Turbo GTR

How much are you boosting? Ever tought of setting up boost control?
Old 02-02-2010, 07:45 AM

Vehicle: 96 accent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Schwitzer Turbo @ Jan 31 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How much are you boosting? Ever tought of setting up boost control?</div>

im on my first tranny about to buy my second.. its been almost a year and half. but the diff is going out... its clunking and poping around turns but i have alot of drag passes and full throttle shifts and clutch dumps.. im going turbo here soon and think ill just have to go easy on it. but this second one with have 64k on it lol hopefully itll hold up better.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: 2003 hyundai accent gl

wow so the alpha trans is just a little pile of crap?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

It depends on how you treat it, but no it's not designed to hold the torque of a 2.0l, turbo, or nitrous.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 1997 Beta Swapped Accent

+1

I have destroyed 8, mostly the differential. If you treat it well it can last indefinitely, but I don't. I like to mes around and do burnout!