Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

beta swapped now looking for guidance

Old 09-12-2013, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99/ Hyundai /accent
Default beta swapped now looking for guidance

Hey everyone. Just finished a beta 2.0 in my 99 accent but when I started the car I had mutable problems

.over heating

.loud tick

.a hollow sounding knock

.a grinding notice like if it was the flywheel

I took out the motor and took off the trans to see if maybe something went wrong with the flywheels and I seen no damage.

But now I'm thinking back and when I bought the motor the guy who had it the motor came with no oil pan. So I'm thinking due to it sitting on the crank shaft it could have messed something up.

Almost forgot when I started the car a couple different times it be gain to get harder to start and world have a nasty grind sound during the crank as well as started.

Idk if it would be worth trying to start rebuilding the motor my self? Cause it is my project. Or just go buy a used one again and I might have the same kind of problems.... Not sure
Old 09-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You will hardly ever regret rebuilding a motor before using it, unless you really just can't afford the parts. At the least pull the pan and turn the engine upside-down, and have a really hard look at the rotating assembly.

What starter did you use?

If it's an engine with hydraulic lash adjusters, you will have top-end ticking on a first time start for up to 15 minutes on a GOOD engine, no worries