Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Beta swap going in tomorrow

Old 02-07-2011, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Accent
Default Beta swap going in tomorrow

Hi everyone

Tomorrow morning begins my fun adventure in beta swapping my 2001 accent hatch. Its getting a beta 1 engine, beta 1 tranny, beta 1 ecu, and all the sensors that came out of a totalled tiburon that only had 32,000 miles on it. My buddys shop is doing it. He specializes in engine swaps and has done one other accent last year. If everything goes well, i should be out cruising by this weekend in my new little hyundai rocket.

We're putting in an SS Autochrome header thats been heat treated, 2.5" exhaust, and flowmaster muffler. The engine itself is getting just a short ram, the 1.8 cam, and a pulley set. Brakes are being upgraded to EBC pads and cross drilled rotors.

My question has to do with the rest of the suspension. Its going to remain on the stock accent suspension for awhile until I get funds to upgrade to better springs and shocks. Until that happens, will my handling be messed up because of the added weight from the swaps?

Im hoping by May, I'll have enough money saved up to get new suspension, new rims and tires (rollin on steelies now), and have the car sprayed in a flat blue color. Its the stock Hyundai blue now but theres some rust and the paint is peeling in alot of spots. This is the exact color Im going for

With these rims in 16x7 (exact color)

Hoping the car will look good enough for some shows and be fast enough to take on some local civics.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I don't imagine there's a considerable difference between the two engines that would cause problems. If anything, it might just compress the springs a little making it appear lower. I wouldnt' imagine there's much suspension performance loss.

Now... I think 80% of the reason that color looks good is because of the car it's on. Not too sure how it'll look on a 10 year old accent.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Civics shouldn't be much of a problem unless they're beyond simple bolt ons.

There isn't that much more weight really, Less than carrying a passenger.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:24 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

I am not sure if the SS Autochrome header is designed any better for the Accent than it was for my Elantra but I actually lost about 4whp after installing the header over the stock cat/manifold.