Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

anyone know where to go in newengland to get swap?

Old 08-21-2008, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Accent GS
Default anyone know where to go in newengland to get swap?

hello every one,

i have been reading and doing research on beta swapping my engine and i had asked the people who normally do all the work on my car if they swapped engines they said oh yeah that is actually what we are doing to a jeep over there right now (she pointed to a jeep with a huge engine halfway into the engine bay. so i asked if they could put a 2.0L tiburon engine in my accent to make it stronger, they said sure and that they would call me with an estimate about the price including engine and tranny and everything. so i was extremely happy and waited a week and finally got a call from them...it went along the lines of this:
hello, Tommy. yeah it is me Sharron at york automotive, yeah i just got off the phone with the Hyundai parts department and they said that i was a very bad idea to swap out the engines, because of blah, blah blah and the O2 sensors wont work,and the check engine light will be on a lot and it wont pass inspection and the computers will get confused and all of the sensors are different and blah blah blah and we don't want to be responsible for any problems down the road so sorry about that.

so all i really got out of that was...yeah f*** you and your Hyundai we don't really care at all, we wont tune it and make sure it is done right. blah blah blah.
so now i gotta find some place that will do it

if anyone know of a placein New England that WILL do it or is in the area that wants to make some money please let me know smile.gif
Old 09-09-2008, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

you will find alot of info here its almost DIY!
anyways you should think about doing it yourself, i know a few yards locally with beta 1 and 2 engines. im in newfields nh, not too far away... anyway if u do end up DIYing this i need measurements for mounting points ect. im not pulling my engine just for measurements i cant find lmao rolleyes.gif