Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Hyundai Hybrids (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-hybrids-70/)
-   -   2.0 beta, or gst swap (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-hybrids-70/2-0-beta-gst-swap-1730/)

turbulence 09-20-2002 01:27 AM

hey, guys, i want to swap in a 2jz engine in the back and a cummins v-10 turbo diesel up front so i have lots of torque driving the front wheels and lots of high end pull midship. how can i do this? I'm not sure what kind of car i have, i got it at a hyundai or honda dealership or something. it might be a civic or santa fe, i'm not sure. oh, and i want to swap in an insight hybrid engine on in the passenger seat for around-town driving. please help!

turbulence 09-20-2002 01:31 AM

do the research!!!!!!!!! it took me 11 months to figure out everything i needed and order and wait for the parts for my tranny swap, AND THAT WAS A DIRECT HYUNDAI FACTORY SWAP. if you're going to spend the money on putting a 4g63 in your tib, just get like the M3 straight 6 and make it mid-engine. Oh, buy the factory service manual, too. you'll need it.

JAWS 021 09-20-2002 02:20 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>HE-MAN:
The delta swap is on the back burner, I can't find one anywhere. Not enough of them out, and no one is crashing them, hehehe. At any rate, I am going t build my 4 banger N/A with all the trimmings first, then sell it, and get a new tib. If I had the money, I would definitely be doing it, but until I graduate, I have to stick with my lil 2L. I haven't even had time to install my AEM yet. Ah well, its still all coming together slowly.

Has anyone been able to contact those guys at the tuningshop?

This is just an interesting topic, and eveyone is so hung up on costs. Can't we just talk about it as if money is not an object? How much have you spent on your nitros system, or turbo setups? I mean all of this costs big money, so its a given...lets just discuss it. Make a plan for it, and maybe one day we can all chip in and do a project like SCC does. THen you sell it.</div>i told you guys in the post that i know where to find one

BUT! i only want serious people asking... i work full time and take 15 units... i dont have time play around.... i got nawz and stuff to do
rolleyes.gif :D

KSpec 09-20-2002 05:39 AM

Well, this is just great, it all comes down to DO IT YOUR DAMN SELF attitude...thanks guys...thanks a lot...you're a big help...you are defeating the purpose of these boards. Sure I can do it myself, but why do I come here? To see who knows what and where to go for certain things...but I won't be talking anymore about this since everyone is just wanting to be negative and put it down. At any rate...I don't hold a grudge...just funny how everyone is NO NO NO and not even asking how or why.

xxTIBxx 09-20-2002 05:47 AM

I've gotten so much info from people on these boards....I've never felt that anyone was keeping anything...

Noone on this board has the attitude of "do it yourself, dont ask me"

I ask so many questions to a few people on these boards, For example: Red,Random,Onpol,Cheuk,Shadohh..

And trust me...I know it gets to the point sometimes where i wont leave them alone and i ask a million questions...
But you know what, they still respond and give me the best answer they can come up with..

-Jordan

KSpec 09-20-2002 06:05 AM

No, I give props to those guys...they have helped me out too...there were a couple others that I have never even seen before that are all of a sudden appearing just to voice opposition...so screw those guys, the ones you mentioned I don't have any problems with at all.

JAWS 021 09-20-2002 08:11 AM

im not sure if you are refering to me... but ive helped you numorous times

i even told you that i knew of a place that had a delta

you sit here and whine *****ing that you cant find a delta... yet i posted in the previous flame at HP that i had ACCESS TO ONE!!!!! and even before your last post that I KNEW A PLACE THAT HAD ONE!!!!!!
:mad:
yet you still complain that we dont help

Right now im ranking you with those who just like to talk...
You got your dimensions... you got all the info... what have you done?
NOTHING!

You just sit here and complain... i tried backing you up before... but i will no longer do it

buy a supra
:mad: rolleyes.gif :mad:

[ September 20, 2002, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]

KSpec 09-20-2002 08:30 AM

Whoa there bubba...I was referring to you as one of the good guys daddy-o! I just don't name names if you know what I mean. Sorry you weren't on his list but it is a long list.

I am not complaining about anything, you are though. If you just turn that frown upside down and smile your tears away!!!

If you could PM me some info on who has what, maybe I can call about the engines...thanks.

[ September 20, 2002, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: HE-MAN ]

JAWS 021 09-20-2002 08:36 AM

ALRIGHT THEN!!!
DONT MAKE ME KICK YOU IN THE NUTZ AGAIN ASSHOLE!!!
tongue.gif

Ill PM you all the info

Im sure you can get the 2.7 engine and Santa FE ecu from them

Im pretty sure the ECUS are identical... but if your going with boost or some insane mods... ditch the stock ecu and save yourself some hassle and get a haltech

KSpec 09-20-2002 09:08 AM

Thanks a lot ASS LICKER! tongue.gif

Oh, and I will be sure to wear a cup everytime you are around, change your nick to "The Nutcracker"! lol

Ok...just go check my PMs now.

:D